Tantalizing news and links to kick-start your weekend:
- Slow Food RVA is bringing a day-long Viewing Party of TedX Manhattan’s Change Our Food System event to Richmond. Join them on January 21.
- Charlottesville’s Restaurant Week is coming up, so take a break from all your home cooking to try some of our best local restaurants.
- If you know young people looking for a new career and wishing to change children’s health for the better, recommend Food Corps — it’s a great organization taking a new class of recruits.
- Since we’re focusing on coffee this week, a few intriguing reads: coffee shops where people pay it forward and bring their dogs. Also, coffee art to visualize your addiction.
- A nutrition expert delineates the differences between trendy sustainable food terms.
Plus, a round-up of our Relay blog posts for the week:
- What’s New at Relay: Week of January 8, 2012
- Meet our Vendors: Blanchard’s Coffee
- Midweek Menus: 5 excellent breakfasts
- 10 steps to: Make a Relay List